Income Tax Department Of India Notice For Non Compliance & Non Filing Of Returns
Today we are going to tell you some information regarding income tax department notices in which we are covering some of the very common notice which is send by income tax department of India for non-compliance or non-filing of returns.
Income tax department collect the information from their online portal and send the notice via mail or post. Some time it is just the reminder but today we are talking about the notice which is send to the income tax return filler. If you have not filled for the last some years like assessment year (2014-2015, 2013-2014, 2012-2013 and 2011-2012) then it may possible that you can get the notice from the income tax department. They send the notice for those which also known as the reminder too for those who filling the returns from some years and suddenly stopped. In this case income tax department collect their information and send the notice. Today you are learning some tips for giving reply of income tax department of india notice for non compliance & non filing of returns which you can give.
What to do when I got the notice for non compliance or no filing of return from income tax department?
If you also get the notice of non-compliance of income tax return then you need not to worry about it. You should not to panic in this case because if you get notice then it doesn’t mean that you done something which is against the law. You can just open your account which you made over the official website of e-filing and submit an answer which should mention the reason which actually happens for that you have not filled the return. You can submit this answer in the compliance section of your account.
You should also take the print out for the notice you receive and also send a copy of this notice in the office of income tax department. You should also have a receipt copy which is duly stamped by the authority officer. You should also clearly mention the details for what the reason and also you have to provide the valid reason too. You can also submit some of the proofs of your work.
Reasons for getting the Notice For Non Compliance -:
- Non-filing of Income tax return -: this is the main reason for which you really received this non-compliance or non-filing of income tax return. Generally when the employer deduct the TDS from the salary of the employee then the employee don’t think that they have to file the income tax return too. but when we see the law then every salaried person have to file the income tax return if his or her income is taxable according to the income tax slab.
- Difference in TDS deducted and actual tax payable -: It is the second main thing for which you need to file your income tax return. Because if your TDS which is deducted by your employer is different from your actual tax then for difference you have to file a income tax return for rectification in it.
- High value transaction through bank etc-: this is reason which one of my client faced recently because his one of a bank account shows that he have done a transaction of more than 10 Lakh rupees but even that he don’t file any income tax return then he receive a notice from the department. In this you get notice for many cases like if you purchase bonds and debenture of more than 5 lakh or sale or purchase of property more than 30 lakh etc.
- Non disclosure of any income -: this is also the reason so you get notice from income tax department of India notice for non-compliance & non-filing of returns because some time income tax department see some transaction which you try to hide like bank interest etc.
We also have some of the sections or codes by which you get to know which section applied on you for which you get the notice.
- CIB-403 – Term or Time Deposit more than 2 Lakh
- Bank interest in a year more the 50000.
- TDS return’s tax is differing from the section 194A.
- Transfer of the immovable property more than 30 lakh
- Cash Deposit more than 100000.
- Cash deposit in the account for more than 200000.
- CIB-321 Purchase or sale of Share and debenture more the 5 lakh
- CIB-183 Time deposit more than 100000.
Steps for reply to non-compliance notice of the income tax department?
you can reply of Notice For Non Compliance with these steps. It is not a matter of panic and don’t feel bad if you get any notice. You just need to prepare a very good reply with some of the proofs like if you get notice for the bank transaction then you can make an arrange of bank statement for proof.
- Open your account which you made on the income tax department website.
- Go to the tab of compliance then process with the reply you actually have.
Must Check now -:
That’s all and you can also take a print out and submit it to your ward of the income tax department. You should keep a receipt copy of the reply which you filled in the department as a proof.